Hazmat and Long-Haul Transportation Risks
JS Downey Insurance Service strives to stay ahead of the ever-changing insurance landscape, and that includes specialty transportation for hazmat and long-haul operations.
From crude oil haulers to reefer units, it’s our goal to make sure all applicable lines of coverages are explained and offered in as straight-forward and easy to understand manner as possible.
We have access to all major insurance carriers writing transportation risks as well as programs exclusive to the excess market. Contact Adam Cortright to set an appointment.
As a leading provider of hazmat truck insurance policies, our transportation team has the expertise and infrastructure to provide the capacity and services to meet the time-sensitive requirements of this industry such as motor carrier filings.
MANAGEMENT FOR TRANSPORTATION RISKS
- JS Downey operates with the belief that honesty and integrity are paramount to success in business and life. We pledge to give you honest, straightforward answers to your questions.
- We are real people that live and work in the community just like you. We are not a 1-800 trucking insurance agency found on the internet. We’re a locally owned and operated business with national insurance access providing unrivalled service.
- Our risk manager can work with management to combat the root cause of any safety issues, whether its vehicle maintenance, accident prevention, log books, or driver files. Your SAFER scores and OOS rates are directly related to the insurance premium.
- We know price is important to you; JS Downey brings value to your operation by effectively marketing your account with our multiple trucking insurance providers, direct markets and excess/surplus side. We give you firm prices and clear terms in our insurance policies. If there is an error, we will try resolve it quickly and in your favor.
- Our employee benefits division offers innovative cost savings solutions that deliver comprehensive benefits to employees while meeting the expectations of the businesses bottom line. With our client’s needs in mind, we focus our efforts in delivering multi-year cost management strategies, leveraging technology and educating employer/employees on regulatory compliance and benefits in order to enhance their overall experience.
- Small fleets aren’t small to us - We like to feel that while we can offer all the markets of even the largest national agencies, what sets JS Downey apart is service. We’ll work just as hard to cover the owner-operator as we will for the hundred power unit fleet. We’re not satisfied unless you are, and our Commercial Lines Director is available anytime to help keep you on the road.
Quick Snapshot of Available Coverages
Lines of Coverage Available:
• Auto Liability • Auto Physical Damage • Excess over Primary • Pollution
• Motor Truck Cargo • Commercial General Liability (CGL) for truckers
Available Terms for Auto Liability:
Up to $2,000,000 Combined limit
Excess Auto limits up to $25,000,000
Available in all states
Classes Included (Not Limited To):
Petroleum/fuel, chemicals, compressed gases, waste oil, sludge, salt / brine water, hot oil, biofuels, fertilizer, milk, remediation contractors, liquid asphalt, PCB fluids, medical waste, contaminated soil, asbestos, solvents, and more.
Key Trucker Endorsements:
• ISO Broadened Pollution Form CA 99 48 10 01 • MCS-90
• All state filings as needed • BMC-91x Filing