What You Need to Know About Medicare
It's that time of the year again, San Diegans! If you have a loved one needing Medicare guidance or have questions yourself, we've compiled a very short list of valuable resources.
Open enrollment starts October 15th, 2017, and ends December 7th, 2017.
Different parts of Medicare include:
- Part A - Hospital Insurance
- Part B - Medical Insurance
- Part C - Medicare Advantage
- Part D - Prescription Drug Coverage
You can enroll in the standard Medicare plan and add prescription drug coverage (Part D) or you may choose to join a Medicare Advantage plan, which oftentimes can include drug coverage. Some of the factors you will want to consider when choosing a plan include:
- Cost - What are your share of costs, including premiums and deductibles?
- Coverage - How will a plan cover your unique medical needs?
- Doctor and Hospital Choice - Does your doctor or hospital take the plan?
- Prescription Drugs - Are your drugs included in the plan's formulary?
- Travel - Are you covered out of state or out of country?
No need to feel overwhelmed, we love to help simplify the process. Call Marilyn, our Medicare specialist in San Diego with any questions or when you're ready to apply.