How Much Do You Know about Your Homeowners Policy?

Does your homeowners/renters policy cover fire, flood, or earthquake? The answer is -- it only covers FIRE of those three. Flood and earthquake are typically separate policies so be sure to contact your agent and make sure you have the coverage you want and need.

Californians and Earthquakes

If you live in California, you're either needing earthquake insurance or already have it. A recent San Diego Union Tribune article cites a study that said a "fault system that runs from San Diego to Los Angeles is capable of producing earthquakes up to a 7.4 magnitude."

The article also covered what disasters are not covered in standard homeowners and renters insurance policies.

Why CEA Earthquake Insurance?

As a not-for-profit, the California Earthquake Authority's (CEA) rates are very reasonable. Determining factors for premiums are the value, location, construction and foundation-types, age, number of stories and coverage choices.

CEA has reduced homeowners rates since 1996 by nearly 55 percent, making earthquake insurance more affordable than ever.

We're Here to Help

We offer earthquake insurance for homeowners (including mobile homes and condos), and earthquake coverage for renters -- all with more coverage choices, deductible options, and more affordable rates than ever before.  You also get to choose from a variety of deductibles. Your local homeowners insurance agent in San Diego would be happy to assist.

About that Flood

We also offer flood insurance through both the national flood program and Hartford Insurance. So whatever your needs, we're here to serve.

Natural catastrophes are impossible to predict -- we're here to offer some peace of mind and help you choose the right policies with the right coverage.