Will You be Covered in a Flood?

Since we can't expect what we don't know, a quick insurance review will help you protect your property or its contents for potential risk scenarios.

Homeowners and Renters Insurance

Image via Pexels

Image via Pexels

"Homeowners and renters insurance protect your home and personal property against damage or loss, and insures you in case someone gets hurt while on your property. You may already have insurance on your home if you have a mortgage on the property, because most lenders make insurance a condition of the loan.

Renters insurance, or tenant insurance, offers renters coverage similar to homeowners insurance. If you are a renter, do not assume your landlord carries insurance on your personal belongings; you may wish to purchase a separate policy." -- USA.gov

Standard policies usually cover damage to your house and any permanent structures on your property (unless these structures are specifically excluded on your policy). Homeowners insurance can also cover damage to your personal property, as well as liability claims incurred while in your home.

You can explore the government website for more about what homeowners 🏠 and renters insurance can cover or give our very own Joanne Cazares a call. She's always happy to answer any questions for your own unique property insurance needs.

Flood Insurance

Psst! Steve's on Twitter!

Psst! Steve's on Twitter!

With the recent news about Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma, it's worth noting that standard homeowners insurance doesn't cover flooding, so be sure to review your policy and get it added if you believe your home is at risk.

Here to Serve

See our related property insurance blog post for more information, including your coverage options in the event of an earthquake. Good to know for those of us living in California!